Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Choice to Make

"Will the Lord reject forever?
And will He never be favorable again?
Has His lovingkindness ceased forever?
Has His promise come to an end forever?"
These words expressed despair of the author of Psalm 77 at a dark time in Israel's history.

This psalmist made a decision in verse 11 to turn his focus on who God is: His promises to us, the kind of God He revealed Himself to be and His past acts of faithfulness to us. He made a decision: "I will remember the deeds of the Lord...What god is great like our God?"

As some of you know, I have been studying, teaching and writing about "remembering the Lord" for a year or two. I can't seem to get enough of searching for and finding all the wonderful things that God tells us in the Bible to "remember" about Him! Those things we are to think on, meditate on and base our faith on. The entire Bible is about God revealing Himself to mankind.  The answer to every hurt, problem or fear is always found in the character of God! Who He really is! What kind of God He is!

Today it is the time for me to make a choice, as the old cliche' says, to "put my money where my mouth is." Yes, I am disappointed. It really hurts to have hope crushed. As Christians, it was not about our 401k's or even our healthcare, but about making a least one step back toward the values upon which this country was established. Yet, today, I choose to "remember the Lord!"

Has God changed? No, because, He said in Malachi 3:6 "I, the Lord, do not change."

Has God left us? No, because He said in Hebrews 13:5 "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

"For we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, and to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

Today: REMEMBER THE LORD!




No comments:

Post a Comment