Monday, March 23, 2020

Cleanse Your Hearts


James 4:8 says “draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, (sound familiar?) you sinners; purify your hearts, you double-minded. “ James was writing to believers! 

Passover is being mentioned now in some prophetic words given from various places and through various people that worst of this coronavirus plague will be over by Passover - April  9. If so, that will be a miracle and we welcome it!

Before the first Passover in Ex 12 God told the people to remove the leaven out of their homes. In Mt 16:6 Jesus explained that the leaven symbolizes sin.
For the last three days since I read this, I’ve been inviting the Lord to bring to mind “leaven” in me. He is bringing things to mind for repentance. I am examining my heart in this quiet time - the time when God has given us space. I am writing each one down.

Then God said in verse 13 “the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you live and when I see the blood, I will pass over you and no plague will befall you.” 
We use the term "blood of Jesus" a lot, but many don't understand the phrase. They don't know the Old Testament--the place where God reveals just who He is. The phrase has been said so much that it loses its power. This gives weight and understanding of the power we have received and are still receiving in Christ.

Yes, we’ve been washed in his blood, but we are still to examine our hearts. 
We are to cleanse our own hands and heart and repent for ourselves and for this nation.  Since I read this, I’ve been inviting the Lord to bring to mind “leaven” in me. He is bringing things to mind for repentance. I am examining my heart at this quiet time.  I am writing each conviction down.

No comments:

Post a Comment